Students become attentive, curious, and passionate about learning when they see its relevance to their lives. They are empowered to use that learning to solve problems like those that business owners deal with.
You can infuse your instruction with the meaning students crave by implementing Future Skills Studio experiential learning programs regardless of the subject or grade level you teach. Future Skills Studio prompts students to consider: "I've learned it. Now, what am I going to do with it?"
To set the stage, Greg provides innovative strategies, classroom examples, and clear tools to scaffold inquiry, discovery, design, and reflection processes.
As Greg guides you through the five elements of design thinking (understand and empathize, identify and research, communicate to ideate, prototype and test, and iterate and reflect), you'll learn how to support students as they
- Use the content you teach to solve a problem in their community or the world around them.
- Isolate a concern for their designed solution to address.
- Communicate ideas and provide valid reasoning for potential solutions.
- Prototype a solution and test it.
- Revise their design for maximum impact and reflect on the process.